Easing into Fall

The shorter days, longer shadows, and kitchen calendar show that fall has arrived. However, here in Northern Utah we're still enjoying mild temperatures and sunny skies. My only complaint is that the fall color-show will not be very interesting this year, but I'll take these 75 degree days any September.

Dana & Karl, Grand Teton National Park
The warmer days have me outside enjoying late season mountain bike rides and hikes. Two weekends ago we reveled in the fall splendor of Jackson, WY and Grand Teton National Park.Unfortunately, the glass side of things is suffering, but I'm trying to get back into the groove.

This afternoon I posted a few new seasonal items in my Etsy shop, and I've got glass "baking" in the kiln as I type. I've been dabbling with using glass powder on leaves to create a lasting imprint under clear glass, and so far I like the results. Once I get a few of the projects completed, I'll post some information on the technique and firing schedule.


If you're interested in a fun pendant for Halloween or something to complement your fall wardrobe, head on over to www.jestersbaubles.com.

Happy pumpkin picking!

Dana (aka, the Jester)

Popular Posts